Thursday 15 October 2009

The Taking of Pelham 123

Rating: 2/10 (Shockingly Bad) Genre: Crime  | Drama  |  Thriller Run Time: 01:45:30 Release Date: 31 July 2009 (UK)

When I watched the original film I thought it was quite rgood the storyline planning and overall structure of the film so I assumed that the remake directed by Tony Scott and Written By Brian Helgeland who tries to make it too cool that he turned it into a childish immature movie, especially at the start the use of pointless swearing for example I quote,

“He tells me to get my crunchy
fucking fucknuts the fuck outta there.”

Its pointless, however there are some redemptions in the form of Denzel Washington not being physically able to deliver a bad role but then the foul mouthed “Ryder” played by Travolta is impossible to take seriously because of the incredibly bad script!

Do yourself a favour skip this rubbish and buy the original!

No comments: